April 24, 2019
The Boys are talking. Couple of questions swirling around Vancouver right now; Should the Canucks make a big splash in Free-Agency, should the Canucks go with Caulfield or Boldy, did Aquilini have a secret meeting in the White House with Dean Lombardi after hours?
- Why the NHL Playoffs are the best in sports.
- Is this first round the greatest ever?
- Breaking down why each respective team won their series.
- Art and I once again peer into the crystal jockstrap for our round 2 predicitions
April 17, 2019
The Boys talk what it would potentially take to trade up for Hughes and if it would be worth it. Caleb tries his best to get Art to do a #shotgunjake next season, and they also talk a little Troy Stecher.
- The NHL Playoffs (How ya doin Tampa?)
- A quick spin through each and every series
- Fighting in the NHL is once again a hot topic after Svechnikov was fed his lunch by Ovechkin.
- Replay in sports has claimed it's first championship victim. The boys talk how it could be used and definitive versus subjective.
April 10, 2019
A heated podcast this week as Caleb and Art disagree on numerous Canucks related stuff.
We get into the post season media sessions with management and players like Boeser and Eriksson. What lies in the future of some of the Canucks biggest pieces and anchors?
Also mentioned in this podcast:
The NHL Draft Lottery
NHL post season matchups.
Coach Q in Florida
World Hockey Championships
April 3, 2019
The Canuck's Season Report Cards have been written and Mr. Kirby and Mr. Aronson pull no punches with their letter grades. Which teacher is a bigger hard-ass? The boys go over each and every player on the current roster's season based on expectations. We hear the positives the negatives, if there is room to grow or if the Canucks should cut bait entirely.
- The Win against San Jose last night
- Tanner Pearson. Has he shown us enough?
March 28, 2019
C-FAX 1070 talk show host and long time CP sports reporter Mark Brennae joins Art to talk Canucks and all things hockey.
Mark multiple great stories about Alexei Yashin from his times of covering the Ottawa Senators and even shares a great story about Gretzky's retirement presser.
Oh and yah, Quinn Hughes makes his debut and was everything fans hoped for against the LA Kings.
Also covered on this podcast:
Canucks from an outsiders perspective
Mark Messier talk
Ottawa Senators fiasco
Eastern vs Western sports viewing
March 21, 2019
4 Points out of a playoff spot!? Holy frijole!! Art and Caleb talk meaningful games in March. Who's leading the way for the Canucks and why it matters. Why Boeser's game right now is the best it's ever been. Why the Canucks have the worst drafting record since 2003 and would it have been different if they weren't an absolute beast of a team between 09 and 2012.
- Was Pageau's hit suspendable?
- Loui Eriksson is fresh, turns out he was saving himself for the home stretch.
- Bob Nicholson is he an idiot? Short answer, Yes
- Are the Lightning for real? Art and I disagree.
March 14, 2019
Our 25th Episode! Don't know how we made it but here we are, and with a guest! Chris Faber of Canucks Conversation and Canucks Army joins us to talk what we want and expect out of the rest of the 2019 season. Also in the show:
- Talk about #FireBenning trending nation wide. Should he stay or should he go now?
- How Quinn Hughes is going to perform once he heals up. Should he play or take it slow now?
- Has Loui played his last game in a Canucks Uni? If he goes will there be trouble? if he stays will there be double?
- Antoine Roussel out for the season.
- Kreider's hit on Petey.
- Plus some prospect talk as well
March 6, 2019
Beat the Leafs! Beat the Leafs! Caleb and Art recap the pimp ass win from behind over Toronto at the Rog! Talk about a Unicorn sighting! Peer in to the crystal jock strap and predict what to look forward to in the final 15 games of the season.
Also talked about on this episode:
The back end is still shitty - How to fix it.
Is Jimbo's time up in Vancouver?
Is Marky the most improved player in the NHL?
Kesler's legacy at 1000 gms.
Fans booing former players. Yay or nay?
February 26, 2019
There goes the neighborhood! Despite all odds (self induced) Caleb and Art get this podcast produced on time.
Are the Canucks out of the playoff race with recent critical losses?
What grade do we give Jim Benning for the deadline moves?
Luke Schenn and Ryan Spooner's Canucks debuts.
Bo Horvat has his mojo back!
The NHL playoff picture after the trade deadline.
February 20, 2019
Caleb and Art play a little possum as well as decide who is playing possum around the NHL in this installment of BTS.
Will Ryan Spooner and Luke Schenn have an impact on the Canucks? The injuries keep piling up and will the Canucks be able to overcome it in the tight Western Conference Wild Card race?
Also discussed on this podcast:
Stanley Cup Final predictions
The St. Louis Blues and Chicago Blackhawks hot streak
The "Bunch of Jerks" in Carolina